Top 5 NFL RB tandems
5. DeMarco Murray and Felix Jones – Cowboys Last year this tandem combined for a total of 1876 yards rushing and receiving, but only had 3 total TD’s. Felix who missed time last year due to injuries, caused his stats to drop dramatically from the previous year. DeMarco who was just a rookie last year stepped up when Felix went down and rushed for 897 yards. This year if both can stay healthy look for a deadly one-two punch.
4. Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis – Chiefs
Even though these two have not played any games together I believe they will be one the best RB tandems in the NFL with a great thunder-lightning combo.
Now they both were out last years season. Jamaal with an injury and Peyton with some personal stuff. But in 2010 when they were both in there lineups and healthy they combined for 2644 rushing yards and 16 rushing TD’s. I would have these guys higher up on the list but they have yet to play together, so as of now they are number 4 on my list.
3. Matt Forte and Michael Bush – Bears The Bears signing Bush was very questionable at first with Forte trying to get a bigger contract. Some seemed to think it meant the end of Forte in Chicago. But that will be a discussion for a later time, but for now these two with be a top notch tandem combining for 1974 rushing yards, and 10 rushing TD’s. The only downfall is the Bears O-line, for the past few years they have been known for terrible protection. And if they can fix that these two have the opportunity to be a great tandem.
2. Mark Ingram, Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory – Saints The Saints have a great thing going when it comes to there RB’s. They have four guys they can stick in at anytime and get good numbers. If they have an injury they are set because of the depth at the position. These four guys combined for 2013 rushing yards, and 13 rushing TD’s. They also combined for 1181 yards receiving with 8 TD’s. They have a great mixture of speed and power to throw at there opponent. This will bar far be one of the top RB tandems this year.
1. Arian Foster and Benn Tate – Texans These two are my number one tandem like most other peoples, and for good reason. Foster is possibly the best RB in the NFL right now. He rushed for 1224 yards last year even with missing a few games. Foster and Tate combined for 2166 rushing yards and 13 rushing TD’s. With a healthy Foster this year, look for these guys to remain on top of the RB tandem throughout the year.
Tandems who just missed out: Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart-Panthers- rushing yards combined 1597 with 11 TD’s. also Cam Newton rushed for 706 yards with 14 TD’s. Fred Jackson and C.J Spiller-Bills – rushing yards combined 1495 yards and 11 rushing TD’s. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter – 49ers- rushing yards combined for 1684 and 10 rushing TD’s.
This entry was posted in Bears
and tagged Bears
, Sports Net
, Tim Gorman
. Bookmark the permalink